Students sometimes do experience issues trying to find the right banking details to pay for their tuition and other charges. Students also fall victims or prey to fraud in this regard.
Learn what payment methods are available for paying student fees and access UP’s banking details.
UP Banking Details
South African Citizens
|Branch: Hatfield||Branch: Hatfield|
|Branch code: 632005||Branch code: 011545|
|Account number: 214 000 0054||Account number: 012 602 604|
|Swift code: ABSAZAJJ||Swift code: SBZAZAJJ|
|Reference: Student number||Reference: Student number|
Until further notice, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, cash payments will NOT be accepted at any of the University of Pretoria campuses.
- Always quote your student number (EMPLID) when making payments.
- Allow at least five working days for processing by your bank and retain the proof of payment (deposit slip).
- Do not email your deposit slip to UP, unless specifically requested to do so. Emailing the deposit slip to UP will NOT reduce processing time at the University and will NOT allow same day services, especially during registration.
- No payment arrangements can be made for the registration fee or residence reservation fee.
- No cash payments for tuition fees will be allowed on the Hillcrest campus during registration (including initial payments).
- EFT payments will not be available on the same day. Not even cash deposits.
- For the ABSA on-line banking page, click here for help on setting up first time on-line banking. Search with ‘UNI’ as beneficiary and choose ‘students’ option. This will reflect UP’s bank account number 214 000 0054 when making a payment and will allow you to use your student number as reference.
- Communication from Absa states that as of 1 May 2018, manually entered transactions on a point of sale device (card machine) will no longer be permitted i.e. payments will not be processed unless a card is presented for payment.
- Kindly note that the use of cheques to make and receive payments will be discontinued industrywide from 01 January 2021 in South Africa.
Can be made using a credit card (provided you have 3D one-time pin security in place with your own bank) on the university website, or by doing a SWIFT transfer from your bank in your own country.
Please use the correct university bank account for the various international transactions.
|UNIVERSITY BANK ACCOUNTS||APPLICATION FEE FOR STUDY||TUITION FEE PAYMENT|
|Account holder||University of Pretoria||University of Pretoria|
|Account number||2140 000 038||2140 000 054|
|Deposit reference||Initials and surname||8 digit Student number|
Payment options: You may use the above banking details for EFT payments, our on-line Credit Card payment system or Flywire.
NOTE: Money paid to any wrong account, not the official school bank is irreversible. That being said needs the right school bank details for transactions to be done by the students without being defrauded.
Official School Website: https://www.smu.ac.za/
For more information about the UP Banking Details, simply drop a comment below and we will do well to respond within 48hrs.
Would you like to study in any South African school? Subscribe to edurelated.com newsletter for frequent updates.