Old Mutual Limited is a premium pan-African financial services group that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key markets in 14 countries. Old Mutual Limited have been helping their customers achieve a lifetime financial goals for over 170 years by investing their funds in ways that create positive futures for them, their families, their communities and broader society.
Job type: Full-time · Associate ·
Company: Old Mutual South Africa ·
Location: Pinelands, Western Cape, South Africa ·
- This role uses specialist technical knowledge to assess risk for the business and/or specific products. The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results through own efforts
- Matric/Grade 12 – essential.
- Understanding of anatomy & physiology at Grade 12 level – advantageous.
- Completion of a financially / medically aligned degree, e.g. Nursing, BCOM, BSC or a three (3) year related diploma would be a distinct advantage.
- 5 years Life Underwriting experience – essential.
- Must have experience in the Financial Service Industry.
- Greenlight and OMP product knowledge – essential
- Well-developed written & verbal communication skills (fully bilingual, English and Afrikaans with an African language advantageous).
- The successful incumbent will be expected to work overtime and shifts where necessary
- Must have reliable transport (when required to work within the Office environment and or work late)
- PC proficiency in MS Office i.e. Word, Excel etc
- Attention to detail
- Strong planning, organising and time-management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst still maintaining a professional image.
- Well-developed problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to adapt risk management processes to new processing platforms and benefits
Bachelor of Commerce (BCom), Bachelor of Science (BSc), Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN)
3 August 2021