Petra Diamonds invites unemployed youth to apply for Apprenticeship Programme 2022/2023.
Applications are invited from technically minded persons who are interested to be trained in any of the below-mentioned trades.
Successful candidates will need to commit to the four-year training programme which will entail +/- 16-20 weeks per year of training at an accredited Mining Qualifications Training Centre as determined by Cullinan Diamond Mine, varying periods within different working sections on the surface and underground at Cullinan Diamond Mine and any other relevant training as determined by Cullinan Diamond Mine Training Section.
Opportunities are available in the following trades:
- Plater Welder
- Diesel Mechanic
- Control & Instrumentation Mechanician
- An N2 certificate including the four relevant subjects of Maths, Engineering Science, Trade Theory and a fourth subject as required by the trade;
- or Relevant Engineering NCV Certificate with seven subjects at NQF Level 3;
- or Technical Grade 12 with Maths, Science, Language and related trade theory subject
- Grade 12
- Documented proof of practical experience in Engineering, for at least 6 months
Application Deadline: 14 October 2022.
How to Apply: Applications should be hand delivered to
Address: Cullinan, Pretoria, Gauteng
- Incomplete application forms and applications not submitted at the correct point, will not be considered.
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Short listed candidates will be required to undergo the following prior to final selection:
- A technical aptitude evaluation.
- Certificate of fitness (red ticket) including a physical aptitude test.
- Psychometric assessment that may include a technical aptitude component.
- Panel interview
- Vienna Assessment