Marriott International Receptionist Night Vacancy
Join our amazing team and deliver unforgettable and memorable experiences. We are recruiting an enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude. Reporting to the Night Management, the successful candidate will be required to engage and interact with guests, provide excellent Customer Service, and maintain the quality and standards of Westin Cape Town in accordance with Marriott International Hotels standards, policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibility:
- Attend to all guest needs, including but not limited to, registration, check-in and check-out of guests, and cashiering.
- Responsible to maintain afloat and adhering to standard operating policies and procedures in relation to deposits and the reporting thereof.
- Strong and effective communication and problem-solving skills/conflict management
- Complete end-of-day activities including posting charges to accounts, running night audit backup, and rolling the date.
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit.
- Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges.
- Print contingency lists to have a record of all guests in case of emergency.
- Sell a room/accommodation to guests without reservations based on availability.
- Operate telephone switchboard station, processed requests for wake-up calls, and advise guests of any messages. Complete the Room Rate Variance Report.
- Process all guest check-ins and assign room.
- Activate or reissue room keys using the electronic key machine.
- Count bank at end of shift and secure bank.
- Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to the manager
- Perform other duties as and when required
Qualification and experience
- At least 2- 3 years of experience in a similar position within a 4/5 star hotel environment
- An appropriate recognized qualification would be advantageous
- Professional Disposition
- Professional telephone and communication etiquette
- People-centric with a strong focus on the Guest experience
- Ability to work within a pressurized environment
- Ability to use initiative and be proactive and self-driven
- Sound financial acumen
- Maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance as per company standards
- Ability to work without supervision and within a team
- Attention to detail pertaining to the area of responsibility
- Required to work rostered shifts and irregular hours as per operational requirements
- Flexible working hours as well as available to work weekends and Public holidays as per operational requirements
- Proficiency in all MS office applications e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook
- Working Knowledge in Fidelio Opera
- May 15, 2022
How To Apply
To apply click on the view more information button below.
For more information about the, simply drop a comment below and we will do well to respond within 48hrs.
Would you like to study in any South African school? Subscribe to edurelated.com newsletter for frequent updates.